Who Would've Thought?

6.17.2012


Ben and I met when I was a wee-little 19 year old and he was all of 20.  We'd seen each other in chemistry class (that's right we had chemistry together - insert pun here) but didn't speak to each other until one night at a party.  Our story begins with both of us being drunk, making out, and Ben throwing up on the sidewalk later that night.  Most stories would end around that time too, but somehow the two of us have stuck with each other over the past 13 years.  We've been through excellent times together and some less excellent times together but it still amazes me when I look at him and realize that he's a father - my children's father.  Who would have thought that we'd end up here?  And I can't help but think how lucky we are to be here.

Happy Father's Day, Ben!

8 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweet little tribute! (And it wouldn't be 'you' without a vomit story thrown in.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, what a nice post and yay for the four of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, so cute. yay for dads! you've built a great little family together, that's for darn sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, hope his daughter holds her drink better ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! that is such a romantic story! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! My husband and I met at 18 and 19. That college, barf-ridden love ... it's got some serious staying power! Happy father's day to Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty much what they said: "Aw, love and barf! So adorable!" :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. its just so nice to see you both together having two very cute daughters... xoxoxo happy father's day. Sarah's future husband. :)

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!