Matchy-Matchy

2.06.2012


For the record, my mother never dressed my sisters and I in matching clothes so I don't know where my obsession with matching outfits comes from.  It's quite possible that its origin lies in watching the Sound of Music far too many times (you know, when all the Von Trapp family kids prance around town in matching outfits made out of curtains...yeah, that's totally going to be our family.  Ha!).


In any case, I seem to have a bit of an obsession with matching clothes and because of my on-going obsession, it seems only right that this new baby should learn at a early age that she and O will be wearing matching clothes for many years to come.


So with the leftover fabric from this little shirt, I made O a dress with the help of an Oliver and S knit dress pattern.  It's the first time that I've sewn with this pattern and when I started the dress I told my husband that I was just going downstairs to sew for a couple minutes...and then before I knew it, I had the entire dress finished.  I love a project like that.  It's as if the dress magically sewed itself.


And O actually seems to like her new little dress.  In fact there was no bribing her with candy to dress her up in it for an unseasonably warm afternoon at the park.  And that, my friends, is what I like to call a success.

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it just amazing outside??? Yay! :-)
    (and yay! also for the cute tunic dress)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! So impressed with all the knit sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, glad she liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knit fabrics are just so darn comfy they probably have a higher kid-will-really-wear-it success rate than other handmade clothing! Go matchy while you can, I think it will be adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little gals in matching outfits, so cute! Looks like the park was a blast. Jude still needs help at the park, I can't wait until I can take him and then plant myself on a bench.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so soft and comfy! Everytime I see these Hopscotch dresses/shirts, all I can think is, "I would totally wear that!"

    Also, I think it's hilarious that you are planning matching outfits for your kids. If it were me, they'd all be day-glo orange, but there's no accounting for tastes, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. you do NOT bribe with candy.
    jeez. what kind of mother are you?????
    ; )

    super cute dress! I can't wait to see the matching outfits. that's going to be amazing.
    XO
    C

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES, you made the hopscotch dress! So cute and O looks like she loves it. Em wears hers constantly. And I see no problem at all with matching the girls. It'll only get a bit weird if YOU start matching them, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. and she looks adorable in it as well. it is very cute and i can't wait to see pics of both of them in their matching dresses... are you going to teach them to sing "so long farewell"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh adorable! I have the pattern and have been saving for it when April is a little older.
    I think sisters in matching outfits in fantastic! If I have another baby, there will be lots of matching going on in our future :)

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!