The Holidays

12.04.2011

I'll be honest, I've always loved the holidays.

I love cheesy Christmas carols.

I love twinkling Christmas lights.

I love receiving holiday cards (although somehow I never get around to sending any out.  This year, however, will be different!).

And so is it any wonder that I have a child who has been obsessed with Christmas since around October.
Nearly every day she asks if it's Christmas yet.  And she wants to listen to Christmas music.  And go see the two houses in our neighborhood who have already put up their Christmas lights.

And if it seemed like I couldn't possibly love the holidays more, well, apparently I was wrong because having a little one around who is ridiculously excited for all things holidays makes me love them one hundred times more.


And so this year we wasted no time in picking out and putting up a Christmas tree.  And there is a distinct smell of nature emanating from our wreathe.  And I made gingerbread cookies for the first time in probably a decade.


Ah, it's good to be around spirited little people.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like loads of fun, I want to come play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of your daughter running between the trees! So cute! Aw. Joe's not really registering the whole Christmas thing yet, I can't wait till he gets excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the excitement on her little face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little ones make so many things more fun, especially holidays! That picture of O with the trees seems like a pretty great candidate for those Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kids make everything more fun! we cut our own tree down this year and i couldn't stop laughing when my little girl kept laying down in the snow, flat on her face, to eat it. cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!