What I Learned On My Summer Vacation

8.15.2011

I feel like a disclaimer is needed, so here it is:

We do not normally go on vacation this much.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that I've never been on vacation this much.  But after two years of sticking close to home because of an infant/toddler who didn't travel well, we decided that damn it, we deserved a couple (okay, a ridiculous number) of mini-vacations.


Which leads me to this point - we just got back from another weekend out of town.  We stayed in a lovely little cabin at this lovely little establishment and enjoyed all that comes with running around on the Olympic Peninsula.

By the end of the weekend though I was convinced that we probably should have run around a little less and relaxed a little more.  I think that we all would have benefited from a few more dips in the pool


a few more walks on the beach


a few more quiet moments in Port Townsend


a few more ridiculous pictures


and a few more games of shuffleboard


a few more diaper-less runs around the field


a few more close encounters with animals


and a little less animal snot being blown in our face.


Which only goes to show that you can learn things even when you're on vacation.

So for our last and final vacation, I plan to bring a ton of books and a beach chair and if you're looking for me, I'll be the one with my buttocks firmly planted on the ground for the entire vacation.  So there.


3 comments:

  1. So cute! I am in love with the walk on the beach picture, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics! Yes, there is a lot to be said for doing 'not very much' with small people. They can make a half-hour adventure out of walking five metres along a dirt path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. SOunds good to me. But hey- at least you got a lot of little vacations. We only got one 2-dayer! Next time you go I will pull up a chair right next to you and we can do nothing together.

    (Love the cow (?) in the window.)

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!