My Role

4.25.2011

In every relationship there are roles that people play and in our little family my role is to complain before going to each in-law family function.  Now I should first point out that I have excellent in-laws.  They are kind, they are hilarious, and they have never made me feel anything but welcome in their family.  But the fact of the matter is that I kind of like to complain sometimes and bless my little husband's heart, because he always lets me do it.


This past Saturday was an in-law family function day and while I did complain a wee bit before we got there, I must say that I had a wonderful day.  You see, my husband's family enjoys nothing better than sitting around in the sun, drinking some better, and chatting it up and since we had the first nice day around here in nine months I was perfectly happy to sit in the sun, drink some beer, and chat it up.  In fact, I can't think of anything I would have preferred to do with my day.



7 comments:

  1. I hear you on this! I love my in-laws too but it is nice to complain a little. O's shins crack me up! My daughters look exactly the same, bruises all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Although I think you are much, much more of a good sport than I. Glad you had a fun day - I can see sun! And water! Oh I hope we get more sun this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it all turned out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a champion complainer myself, but that really does look like a perfect day! The picture of O running is too much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last photo is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Complaining about in-laws is a right not a privilege! ;) I use it EVERY. DAY.

    'nuff said.

    ps. Ca-ute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. if you can't complain about your in-laws, who CAN you complain about?
    your hubby looks like a sweetie...

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!